Good Shepherd Parish School, rooted in Catholic tradition and in partnership with our families, empowers students to achieve spiritual growth, academic excellence, personal responsibility and mutual respect. Our safe and diverse community strives to form students who RISE as leaders in our global society.
Schoolwide Learning Expectations:
Good Shepherd School graduates are
Responsible Citizens who…
- make good moral choices based on Christian values
- respect cultural differences
- recognize the importance of providing help to those in need: locally, nationally, and globally
- understand that our decisions and actions always have consequences
Independent Thinkers who…
- apply high order thinking skills within academic and real life situations
- recognize and understand the use of non-verbal communication
- acquire and process information from a variety of sources
- have an ongoing appreciation and creativity for the fine arts
Spiritually Centered Individuals who..
- know that the Creator is at the center of the universe and of ourselves
- engage in a personal relationship with God through prayer and liturgical celebrations
- use Jesus as a role model to work and play cooperatively with others
- exhibit faith in the reality of God, the power of the Holy Spirit, and the Gospel message of Jesus
Environmentally Focused Stewards who..
- understand that every person has a responsibility for protecting the environment
- posses an awareness of current events and their global effect
- strive to participate in stewardship opportunities
- learn about and teach others on the importance to care for God’s creation